I was purging and sorting last weekend and found a book a friend loaned me in a basket under papers. I know it was originally on the coffee table, went into the basket when I needed space on the table and then had papers tossed on top of it. Forgotten. It is Oprah’s What I Know For Sure book.
This got me thinking what do I know for sure? So, I thought I’d share my take on it. Here goes.
- I know for sure there are times I need to keep my mouth shut. I do not have to offer my opinion on everything and sometimes it is not wanted. All that is needed and/or wanted is for me to listen and validate.
- I know for sure I have NEVER regretted travel. Seeing new places, new experiences and meeting new people. It is one of the best educational opportunities I have ever had.
- I know for sure other people’s’ sandwiches are always more tasty than mine. ALL THE TIME.
- I know for sure that sleep is important. If I am going to crack it is likely because I haven’t gotten enough sleep and the situation is raw for me. I just feel more fragile and have a harder time keeping it together.
- I know for sure there are consequences. Every decision I make has a consequence. Don’t kid yourself not making a decision or choice has a consequence. It is thinking through those consequences and dealing with the fallout that I have to also consider.
- I know for sure that a cup of coffee or tea will take the edge off. If nothing else it slows me down to sit and go through what is happening in a more logical and slower pace. It quiets me and yes does take the edge off.
- I know for sure I have regretted more of what I didn’t do or pursue than things I have done. The majority of things I have done/seen/tried I don’t regret. Yes, a few I will not be doing again, but doing them once I know now that wasn’t my thing. I am not questioning myself every year should I, could I? No. Wasn’t for me. Full stop. No regret.
- I know for sure that a good book is a great escape for me. It can teleport me somewhere different with friends or foes to conquer. A good book (better yet a series) always captures my imagination long after I finish the book.
- I know for sure if I don’t ask I will never receive or know. Sometimes I can’t do it alone and it is humbling to have to ask for help. People want to help and support but sometimes they need the push, because believe it or not they can’t read our minds. Seriously.
- I know for sure that if I can get outside and walk I will be okay. This goes for a headache, stress, decompress, well you name it. If I can pull my broken body outside than yeah I know I will feel better.
The above is what I know for sure for me. I would love to hear in the comments what you know for sure.
You can always start now !