I want to thank you to Invisibly me (check her out!!) for nominating me for the Real Neat Blog Award. You put me to work on answering some of the questions.
1. Post the Award logo and answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
2. Thank the person who nominated you in your post and link to their blog.
3. Nominate and link to some bloggers you’d like to see respond.
4. Create 7 questions for your nominees to answer & let them know they are nominated in a comment on their blog.
Okay here are my 7 questions to answer:
- What would your perfect day look like? It would start with not setting the alarm the night before. I would get up, make a pot of coffee and sit at my desk (which is my mother’s linoleum and chrome kitchen table) do emails and check out my favorite blogs. Leisurely morning before getting ready to meet friends for a late lunch downtown. I would get home earlier enough to crash and watch a Netflix show or two. Currently on Netflix I am watching Shetlands.
- What is the first thing you do in the morning? Jump in the shower as I work full-time.
- What has been your biggest challenge? Not second guessing myself.
- When does the festive Christmas season start for you? It usually starts when a good friend and I start our Christmas shopping usually last Saturday in November. We have our lists and make a day of it. Of course we stop for lunch. For me the whole month of December is the Christmas/Holiday season so I put the tree up first weekend in December and enjoy!
- What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever spotted lying around anywhere? You would think this question would be easy. I don’t own a vehicle so I walk or take public transit everywhere. I have been thinking about this and nothing stands out – I don’t even find change lying around. I would love to hear in the comments anything wild from anyone!
- What do you wish you had learned earlier? To let go of past hurts and not let others define who I am. I guess be comfortable in my own skin.
- What has been your highlight, positive or negative, of 2016 so far? 2016 has been a good year. So highlight….I think going to Ireland this summer. Did a few firsts like stayed in an AirBnB and hiked the Giants Causeway in Northern Ireland. It was a great trip – beautiful country and well worth seeing. Loved Dublin and could see writing a few posts in a pub!
My 7 questions are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What book(s) or courses are on your 2017 list to take?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
- What is one thing you would tell your younger self?
- How/why did you get into blogging?
- What is your favorite decorating accessory?
- What are your favorite Instagram accounts right now?
Nominations … I nominate the following for the Award :